Graphic Design Summer Intern
We are seeking a dependable, self-motivated intern with a strong interest in graphic design and basic video production/post-production knowledge to join our marketing team this summer. The intern will collaborate with other members of the marketing and sales department to implement the creative vision and direction of design materials and will be responsible for leading and editing video features for Blackbird Investments. The position is open to undergraduate juniors, seniors, and graduate students — the internship is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on, multi-media experience. This paid internship will run from mid-May to mid-August. Hours are flexible, but some nights and weekends may be required for shooting.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales team to design concepts for print, digital, and video applications
- Create graphics to be used for videos, website, social media, etc.
- Exhibit compelling storytelling through all content and platforms
- Create one simple video per week to be used for ongoing website and social media use
- Bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in style, quality, and voice
- Current student — major in graphic design, digital media, visual communications, or related field taking relevant coursework
- Proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and other design programs
- Proven ability for graphic design including best practices, layout and design, visual composition, creativity, and copywriting
- Basic editing/post-production experience a plus
- Basic understanding of Premiere Pro and/or related programs a plus
- Ability to operate under pressure, be flexible, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong self-starter and capable of working independently
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline to apply is April 20, 2018.
To learn more about the culture at Blackbird Investments, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.