Size: 88,000 square feet – Commercial & Residential
This project has three historic structures that have been joined together over time. Churchill Drug Company built its first three story building on at 100 4th Street in Burlington in 1901. Two years later, a second building of four stories was built on the adjoining lot. At that time a fourth floor was added to the original building and a common façade was built for both structures. The final building is the J.H. Eberts & Sons building. Built on Valley, this building was a blacksmith and carriage manufacture and is now known locally as “the carriage house”.
All of these buildings are brick with stone foundations and use large timber framing. Large windows facing east and west provide an abundance of natural light needed in early manufacturing settings.
Slated as a mixed use building, the Churchill will be a historic rehabilitation/adaptive use project. Up to 70 one, two and four bedroom apartment units on the upper floors will be combined with street level work/live studio settings and retail space directed at restaurant tenants.
Sight amenities for the tenants will include community rooms, exercise space and site landscaping that will incorporate existing gaps in the building façade into courtyards and patio space. The project will also include a dedicated indoor parking structure.